Member of the Month
June MOTM Shelley Pepper
1. What motivated or motivates you to live a healthy lifestyle?
My parents both died of heart related issues; my brother had a hear attack before he was 50; I have had high blood pressure for the last 10 years. I need to be heart healthy! Working out regularly will help.
2. What is your favorite class/studio thus far on FIT PASS and why?
Yoga IS Power Barre Saturday 11:00 class. Wish I could do it every day! It is a good mix of isometric yoga and Pilates type exercises for a serious workout.
3. Outside of working out, what other ways or things do you do you stay healthy and fit? I eat a vegan diet and try to be close to WFPB as possible.
I meditate to help me with stress and sleep.
4. Why did you decide on FIT PASS for your fitness journey?
My friend Katie Stephenson was posting on FB her workouts and they looked like fun. I wanted to try going to classes instead of just trying home workouts or just walking in my neighborhood. I knew if I had a friend there for support, I wouldn’t miss a workout.
5. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone just starting out with fitness classes?
I was in really bad shape when I 1st started. I thought everyone would judge me for my lack of abilities. No one did that when I went to classes. Everyone was there to support me...Instructors and participants alike. If I were to give someone advice it would be to just get started, do as much as you can and don’t worry about what anyone else is thinking. Do it for YOU! Everyone is there giving support!